Cesium-131 Strand Tray delivery system empowers clinicians by organizing and measuring Cesium-131 Strands while in the OR.
The custom designed, shielded, stainless steel tray organizes strands for clinicians who pre-plan cases or those that prefer to do real-time dosimetry and modify strands in the OR. Blu Tray is a modern tool for today's brachytherapist.
- Shielded stainless steel delivery tray that protects strand structure
- Slotted insert for ease of strand removal from tray
- Strand length measurement assist ruler built in
Strand Tray is used to ship Cesium-131 Strands individually ready for implantation.
Perspective Therapeutics Difference
- Expert Sales and Support teams ensuring real-time ordering and delivery for procedures throughout the body.
- Committed to offering interactive training programs throughout the US teaching the leading techniques and the newest tools.
- Empowering patients to make their own treatment decisions based on decades of data.
Cesium-131 Treatment Areas
Find a Doctor
Your Isotope Choice Makes a Difference
Not all brachytherapy radioisotopes are the same. Compared to alternative brachytherapy seeds, Cesium-131 offers the highest energy and shortest half-life.
17 Day Half Life (18)
58 Days for 90% Dose
Detectable in the body for 170 Days
9.7 Day Half-Life
The amount of time for the radiation to half. A shorter half life means quicker to PSA baseline. (8, 12, 13)
The energy level of the isotope. Higher energy leads to greater coverage of the infected organ.
33 Days for 90% Dose
Faster dose delivery rate.
Detectable in the body
for 97 Days
60 Day Half Life (18)
204 Days for 90% Dose
Detectable in the body for 600 Days
Find a Doctor Near You
A diagnosis is just the first step toward treating your cancer. We are here to help you make an informed treatment decision with your doctor so you can begin living your life again. Use the search (below) to find a Doctor that specializes in Brachytherapy.
Want to know more about the versatility of Cesium-131
Do you have questions? We can help with any issues you may have
- Frank SJ, et al. American College of Radiology Appropriateness Criteria: Permanent Source Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer. Brachytherapy. 2011;10(5):357–362
- Cesium-131 Instructions for Use
Cesium-131 brachytherapy seeds are indicated for the treatment of malignant disease (e.g., head and neck, eye, brain, breast, prostate, etc.) and may be used in surface, interstitial, and intracavitary applications for tumors with known radiosensitivity. The seeds may be used as a primary treatment or in conjunction with other treatment modalities, such as external beam radiation therapy, chemotherapy or as treatment for residual disease after excision of primary tumors. Contraindications: As with other brachytherapy sources, treatment of tumors in generally poor condition (e.g., ulcerated) is not recommended with Cesium-131 brachytherapy seeds due to the potential for source migration. Prior to use, please reference the Cesium-131 Instructions for more information on indications, contraindications, warnings, all precautions, and adverse events.
Caution: Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.