Cesium-131 Stranded or Loose Seeds can be preloaded into 18 gauge needles and placed into a shielded tray, which also doubles as a needle stand.
Preloaded needles are directly implanted into the treatment area, following the predetermined treatment plan. By preloading, several steps are removed in the operating room as the Cesium-131 sources are already positioned within the needle.
Good for Prostate procedures
- Bone wax filled tipped to secure strand in place prior to implant
- Square hub and round hub needle options
- 18 gauge needles
- Sterilized needle tray doubles as a stand for intraoperative use
The shielded needle tray that may contain up to 14 needles. The needle tray doubles as a needle stand (per the instructions provided in the package insert) and is sterilized prior to being shipped.
Perspective Therapeutics Difference
- Expert Sales and Support teams ensuring real-time ordering and delivery for procedures throughout the body.
- Committed to offering interactive training programs throughout the US teaching the leading techniques and the newest tools.
- Empowering patients to make their own treatment decisions based on decades of data.
Cesium-131 Treatment Areas
Find a Doctor
Your Isotope Choice Makes a Difference
Not all brachytherapy radioisotopes are the same. Compared to alternative brachytherapy seeds, Cesium-131 offers the highest energy and shortest half-life.
17 Day Half Life (18)
58 Days for 90% Dose
Detectable in the body for 170 Days
9.7 Day Half-Life
The amount of time for the radiation to half. A shorter half life means quicker to PSA baseline. (8, 12, 13)
The energy level of the isotope. Higher energy leads to greater coverage of the infected organ.
33 Days for 90% Dose
Faster dose delivery rate.
Detectable in the body
for 97 Days
60 Day Half Life (18)
204 Days for 90% Dose
Detectable in the body for 600 Days
Find a Doctor Near You
A diagnosis is just the first step toward treating your cancer. We are here to help you make an informed treatment decision with your doctor so you can begin living your life again. Use the search (below) to find a Doctor that specializes in Brachytherapy.
Want to know more about the versatility of Cesium-131
Do you have questions? We can help with any issues you may have
- Frank SJ, et al. American College of Radiology Appropriateness Criteria: Permanent Source Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer. Brachytherapy. 2011;10(5):357–362
- Cesium-131 Instructions for Use
Cesium-131 brachytherapy seeds are indicated for the treatment of malignant disease (e.g., head and neck, eye, brain, breast, prostate, etc.) and may be used in surface, interstitial, and intracavitary applications for tumors with known radiosensitivity. The seeds may be used as a primary treatment or in conjunction with other treatment modalities, such as external beam radiation therapy, chemotherapy or as treatment for residual disease after excision of primary tumors. Contraindications: As with other brachytherapy sources, treatment of tumors in generally poor condition (e.g., ulcerated) is not recommended with Cesium-131 brachytherapy seeds due to the potential for source migration. Prior to use, please reference the Cesium-131 Instructions for more information on indications, contraindications, warnings, all precautions, and adverse events.
Caution: Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.